Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My Ender's Game Movie Experience

So I finally saw the movie for Ender's Game last weekend and for every one who imagined the battle room, you will not be disappointed! As I left the movie theatre a group of college aged guys were pretty much gushing over it, well ok not gushing but they loved it. Ender's Game had great cinematography. The sets were just like I imagined them or better. As far as the movie following the book's plot, there were a few differences but not many. They did try to tame down some of the violence from the books making most killings look accidental, possibly for the PG-13 rating. They also shortened the time length that Ender spent in each training school, but that was to be expected. The acting was lacking a bit especially in the early part of the film, I guess it could be because most of the book is Ender's mental struggle and that's very hard to portray for an actor. The ending of the film was really good and the acting was a bit better as well. I don't want to spoil the film for anyone who plans to see it, but overall I think the film was relatively true to the book and fans of the novel should definitely see it!

My Rating : 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews